Thursday, January 19, 2012

About Me

I graduated from USA in 2005 with a BS in Elementary Education. I did not pursue teaching at that time because I already had a remarkable job and worked for a great company. I quit my job last year to stay home with my four year old daughter and one year old son. I have returned to South to have my teaching certificate reinstated.
My husband and I have been married for 9 years and have 3 children. We love vacations to Disney World and have been three times in the past year. I enjoy baking and sewing. My sewing projects are usually simply and are for my children. I love to try out new recipes and tweak them just a bit to make them my own. I have used my co-workers for taste testing experiments. Everyone survived.  I  also enjoy running. I run in local road races and would like to eventually run in one of the many half marathons in Disney. 
I watched the video on Time Management, by Randy Paush and he points out some excellent ways to manage your time. I believe in list and a calendar. However, I tend to make many lists and sometimes this can be overwhelming for me. My lists are constantly changing depending on things changing during the day or what I am able to accomplish and check off. It is nothing for me to make two or three list a day. For me, planning is a necessary tool in time management. I have a five year old daughter who is always having something going on at school; parties, meetings, field trips, etc. She is involved in cheerleading and gymnastics. If I did not have a grasp on my time and could not manage it effectively, my life would be crazier than it already is. I thought the list of questions Randy Paush posed we ask ourselves were fantastic. I especially like the question, “What will happen if I don’t do it?” That is an excellent question and can also help us decide which things are priorities. It can also help us set some boundaries or goals. I think time management is an essential aspect in lives no matter what the profession.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to EDM310. This is a test. This comment should be sent to your Gmail account and to edm310comments@gmail.com. Thanks for starting early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassie! I loved reading your "About Me". It seems that we have much in common! You hit the nail on the head when you said, "planning is a necessary tool in time management". I couldn't agree more. Making lists and calendars are vital to managing time correctly. Like you said, they can help organize priorities and goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you will add the Boston marathon to one of your lists. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, the Boston marathon! I would love to see Boston. That would certainly be an accomplishment. I’m going to get a half marathon beneath my belt first and then I’ll shoot for a full.

      Delete