Friday, February 10, 2012

Blog Post Assignment # 4

Podcast 
What? and Why?

Ipod Nano
I keep hearing this word, Podcast. What is a Podcast?  After visiting, Judy Scharf Podcast Collection, I quickly learned a podcast is a type of digital media. A podcast can display images simultaneously with audio. It's like a mini radio show over the internet. Judy Scharf offers may useful tools that can be used to create a podcast. These tools will come in handy when I create my own. She also provides some terrific tips for allowing students to create their own podcast and making it a success. In order to get the most of the website, an account has to be created, but it is worth it. Judy Scharf Podcast Collection and Joe Dale’s The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom both provide excellent reasons to use podcasting in the classroom.  They both suggested using podcasting for students who cannot attend school. I thought this was an excellent way of communicating with students and parents. One particular thing I like about podcasting; it allows one to playback the video. So, if anything is missed the first time, it can be replayed to hear again and again. This is great for students who choose to tune the teacher out. Who knew IPods are not just for music? 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better, offers some excellent resources to enhance the use of an IPod; what a great way to promote learning outside of the classroom. On Langwitches blog, she documents everything. I was enlighten to see how reflection and feedback can give so much insight on what works and what does not work while podcasting. Reflection should always be apart of any activity (for both, teachers and students), so improvement can be made. I loved the ripple effect...

Sharing what one is doing, sharing what one is learning along the way, will not only allow for reflection, but it also will create a ripple effect. A ripple effect that in turn will touch the lives and the future of others. I think that says just about everything.”


2 comments:

  1. Cassie,

    I am so pleased that you found these sites to be both interesting and helpful. How do you think that you could use these sites/tips during your own podcasting process for EDM 310? Keep up the excellent work, your blog looks wonderful!

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the tips I found to be helpful when I create my own Podcast for EDM310 was the grading rubric provided on Curriki's site. It reminds you to think about speaking clearly and loudly. The Podcast is a way of communicating to others so, this is definitely something you should pay close attention to. Joe Dale's site provides some helpful tutorial links. The one I liked in particular was Podcasting using GarageBand. I really would like to try the Podcasting using GarageBand. I like the idea of being able to add music to the podcast. The instructions are very detailed and seem very easy to follow. I really like how creative you can be with Podcasting.

      Delete