Tuesday, February 28, 2012

C4K Summary for February

                                      
  Zion

Globe showing countries flags
My first C4K was Zion @ PT England School in Auckland, New England. I commented on a Space Art project he recently completed. It was a picture of Zion holding his poster of the solar system. He gave some brief facts about the solar system. In my comment, I wanted to let Zion know that I too, liked the solar system as a kid. I also told him about a little jingle ( mnemonic device) that I used to help me remember the planets  in order starting  from the closest to the sun.





cat with headphones laughing
For my second C4K, I was assigned Kirstyn. Kirstyn is in Mr. Avery’s sixth grade class at Dennett Elementary in Plympton, Massachusetts. I commented on Kirstyn’s post Family Blogging Month. Kirstyn was able to get her own blog by getting the most comments from family members and friends. She was so excited about the Family Blogging Month contest, she went home and started commenting. By the end of the month, she had 47 comments. She used an alliteration in the naming of her blog. She used an alliteration in naming her blog. Her blog name is Kidding with Kirstyn, where Krazy is Kool, which I totally loved.  


She also had a blog post Vote For My New Mascot. She is choosing a mascot for her blog and trying to choose between her two cats; KitKat and Skittles. I told her I would choose KitKat, because I like KitKat bars better than Skittle candies.


                                             Kento's Blog
Dennis the Mennis talking to friend about sportsmanship

For my third February C4K, I was assigned Kento. Kento is a fifth grader in Ms. Eppele's class. Ms. Eppele's class. I commented on Kento's post about sportsmanship. Kento posted that it is important to support each other, not to blame one another, and to have fun. In my post, I agreed with Kento and said it is most important to know you played your best and had fun; no matter if you win or lose.
                                                       


                                                   Sharon's Stupendous Blog
the world sitting in a nutshell

For my fourth February C4K, I was assigned Sharon. Sharon is in Mr. Sloan's year 6 class and from Tottenham, London. Her blog was terrifically filled with poems. She is a fantastic writer and she says her goal is to inspire others to write. I enjoyed reading through her passionate poems and look forward to reading more of her work. I commented on her most recent poem, "The World in a Nutshell" and how she sees the world beneath her eyes. It was an awesome poem filled with enriched vocabulary that engages the reader to feel what she is writing. It was very well written. 


My Reflection

world connecting people by computers
Blogging is an excellent way for children of all ages (adults included) to be able to "travel" the world and meet children from other countries, states, cities, etc. It really gives a whole new meaning to "pen pals". I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and adventuring into the classrooms of these students and teachers. It is amazing to be able to "meet" such inspiring young people miles and miles away. I look forward to my future C4K assignments and what I can learn from them.

1 comment:

  1. Cassie,

    W - O - W! You are doing such a wonderful job with your commenting. I know that the children appreciate having a blog visitor like you! Keep giving them awesome feedback and keep providing us with your reflection. I liked that personal touch!

    Awesome,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete