Monday, March 26, 2012

C4K Summary for March

Picture of Leprechaun
For March, we only had two C4K assignments, which I have to admit, was a little disappointing. I really enjoy visiting and reading "our kids" blogs; some are quite amazing to say the least!

For my first C4K assignment in March, I actually included it in my February summary. I am assuming I did this because I actually commented on her blog February 28, 2012. I did not take into consideration the post was not due until March 4, 2012 and should have been included in my March summary. Opps! With that being said, here it is again.

                   Sharon's Stupendous Blog
the world inside a nutshell

I was assigned Sharon. Sharon is in Mr. Sloan's year 6 class and from Tottenham, London. Her blog was terrifically filled with poems. She is a fantastic writer and she says her goal is to inspire others to write. I enjoyed reading through her passionate poems and look forward to reading more of her work. I commented on her most recent poem, "The World in a Nutshell" and how she sees the world beneath her eyes. It was an awesome poem filled with enriched vocabulary that engages the reader to feel what she is writing. It was very well written.




For my next C4K, I had the pleasure of reading Alisha B. 's blog. Her post on March 20, 2012, was disgusting. However, this was her purpose. She did an excellent job painting a visual picture of an awful lunch experience.

little miss muffet getting scared by a spider

Hi my name Ayana and I attend St Matthews in Leeds.This is my lunchtime. I opened my yoghurt when WHITE and green mould appeared! I moved on to my sandwich and the tragedy returned as FIFTY SPIDERS CAREFULLY PUSHED their way through the tuna! All I ever wanted was a peaceful lengthy lunch just like you do right? The best thing I ever did was deciding to move to a remarkable school called Miriam Lord. The lunchtime is just a tiny gem piece of the exquisite school. This isn’t exaggeration, it’s a marvellous piece of advice that you should follow!”






What a vivid imagination she has! I love how her post assignment allows her to be creative and fun. She did an fantastic job of making me want to vomit.

                           
                           My Reflection

Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
I am still in awe of how talented and created some of the kids are on these class blogs. I do not limit myself to just reading the blog of the kid I was assigned. I think to get the most from our C4K assignments we should explore and read other kids blogs as well. It also gives me writing and assignment ideas I can use in my own classroom.  It is like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. From exploring the blogs I found a website Tutpup. Kids can sign up and compete in fun, educational games against other kids from all over the world. This site looks so cool and sounds like a great way for kids to globally connect with others, have some fun, and learn. I would love to use a site like this with my students.

0 comments:

Post a Comment