Friday, March 16, 2012

Project #12 Book Trailer

What in the world is a book trailer? This was my first thought and now I know thanks to Anthony Capps. On February 1, 2012, I worked with Emily Nadeau and Emily Jeanminette and we produced a book trailer for the book, Ruby Bridges by Robert Cole. We used iMovie on a MAC, which was a little challenging for me since I had never used anything other than a PC. With the help of Anthony Capps, we learned a lot and were able to get the job done. Thanks Anthony!


A book trailer is such a wonderful way to get readers interested in books, especially those that are reluctant to read. I can definitely see myself using book trailers in the classroom. Since I do plan to use book trailers in my classroom, I wanted to make sure I could create one using my PC and the software I have installed. I could have used the one I created with my group and never looked at this again, but I truly believe this is something that can be used in the classroom to motivate, encourage, and build confidence. Knowledge opens so many different doors and a teacher’s knowledge should always be expanding. We have to be lifelong teachers and the more we do, the more we learn, right?
I used Corel Visual Studio Pro X4 to create my book trailer. It was very much like using iMovie. I chose a book that I read to my children, Animal Strike At The Zoo by Karma Wilson. It has bright colors that keep them engaged, and the animals in the book are extremely silly. I'm not going to give much away, I'll let the video do all the talking and hopefully it will intrigue you enough to want to read the book.



I hope to create many more book trailers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment