Monday, March 26, 2012

C4T Post #3


For my third C4T assignment, I was assigned to comment on John Burrows blog Art Viewer. He also has three other blogs, El Jefe's Kitchen, The Burrows Perspective on Soccer, and B's Photography. He also follows many interesting blogs. I even decided to follow one myself; Techy Things Teachers Should Try. Something new added to my PLN - CHECK! 

art pallet with brushes and paints
So after exploring Mr. Burrow's blog I decided to comment on the most recent post which was Art 1 portraitsThe portraits and self-portraits were phenomenal. The likeness of each person definitely gives the viewer an idea of who the person in the drawing might be. His students should be very proud. They are extremely talented. 

The second post I commented on was Work In Progress. The piece simply took my breath away. It is an unfinished sketch of a little boy. The amount of detail the student has put into the piece really shows. It is amazing. I can't even image how beautiful the piece will be once it is completed. 

One of my favorite post on his blog was Drawing II composite pictures. They were very detailed and extremely creative. I wish I knew the story behind the assignment. 

I think Mr. Burrows uses the Art Viewer blog in such a great way. I think displaying student’s artwork on the blog is such a positive thing to do and will allow others to view and appreciate their progress. It’s like an online art museum. 


Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.
-Pablo Picasso 


                                                       Some Cool Art Sites For Kids                                                      
a blue head with strange and unique features
Create your own Picassohead
jungle night scene with elephant&  plants
My Jungle Creation. Click On NGAKids above to create your own jungle scene.

These are just some of my favorites. I'm sure you can come up with many more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment