Monday, March 5, 2012

Project #10 Personal Learning Network

person standing at chalkboard, chalkboard says progress report
I created my PLN using Symbaloo. It is a great tool for accessing sites that I use on a daily basis. I no longer have to search through my favorites or bookmarks. And I am constantly bookmarking sites I find useful. Now they are all accessible from my homepage!

I love how you can create a webmix and then place a tile for that webmix on your homepage. Again, you do not have to go through a number of tabs or folders. I created several tiles that allow me to access resources I can use in teaching and with my own children. Reading Rocket is now right at my fingertips. I have also added a webmix for the C4T that we have been assigned so far. I think being able to access and follow their blogs will definitely benefit my teaching. I've also added tiles to both our EDM310 class blog and Dr. Vitulli's blog.


Having a PLN as a teacher is just as important as having a PLN as student. Having an effective PLN as a teacher, you will be guaranteed experience, knowledge, and support, as stated by Shelly Terrell in her blog 23 Resources about Personal Learning Networks(PLNs). I came across her blog as when I was looking for tiles to add to my webmix. She has a number of different resources and videos that can be added to a teacher's PLN. I've have added her blog Teacher RebootCamp to my PLN and look forward to reading more of her blog post. As a teacher, our PLN's will never be complete, especially if we want to continue to learn and better help our students. I look forward to building my PLN, in and out of EDM310. Thank you Dr. Strange for giving me the tools I will need to do this. 
my personal personal learning network organized by symbaloo




0 comments:

Post a Comment